This was posted a while back on The Aperture Users Network. It discusses a backup strategy for your Aperture library.
I think that the title is somewhat misleading on the “reasonable investment”. It still is “some” money.
However, is it worth it? YES!
My setup is the following:
- My main Ap lib is on my iMac (1 TB HD)
- I backup all imported projects to an external FireWire (FW) 2TB using Ap’s backup on import feature
- That same FW drive serves as my Time Machine drive
- I also have another external USB 1TB drive for my Ap vault
- Last, but not least, I backup everything to the cloud with Back Blaze